Policies and Procedures
At Meticulous Man Services, we are dedicated to providing our clients the highest level of service possible. In order to do this effectively, we have created company-wide policies for the benefit of our team members and clients. We ask that each client read this thoroughly prior to your first appointment so that any questions may be addressed. Please contact us if you still have questions, concerns, or would simply like more clarification.
- We accommodate the schedules of many clients and we know that sometimes unexpected things come up. We do our best to adapt as much as possible, but regularly-scheduled appointments do take precedence over emergency changes. We schedule appointments for specific days, however, times are approximate due to varying circumstances that affect our daily schedule. While we do our best to arrive as scheduled, there may be situations when we need to contact you to make a change. As a courtesy, we send you an email reminder 4 days prior to each scheduled cleaning appointment to the main email address on file.
- NONE, ZIP, NADA!! You like things simple and easy to understand without any confusing or “got ya” charges and so do we. That’s why we don’t charge for cancellations, lockouts, or late/missing payments. How do we do this you might ask.
It’s simple. When you schedule your cleaning service we ask that you either provide us with a key or give us a garage/door code so we can enter your home for future cleanings. This means you’ll never have to leave your door unlocked or have to wait around for us to arrive while you have more important things to deal with.
At the time you initial schedule your cleaning service we also get a credit or debit card on file for payments. (See Payments) This means you’ll never have to remember to make your cleaning service payment. And, if you ever need to reschedule a cleaning due to unexpected events no worries, just give us a call and we’ll get you rescheduled for the next available opening.
ENTRY & SECURITY:
- We require you provide us with either a key or a garage/door code. We also believe that security is an important issue, especially while our cleaners are in your home. It is our policy to lock all entry doors while we are cleaning and to not allow access to unknown persons. For safety reasons, please don’t rely on our cleaning professionals to let in workmen during the time we are in your home.
- Cleaning rates are determined by the type of service requested, frequency of service, (the more service you have, the lower the price per cleaning), and size of your home.
- Payments are made using your credit/debit card we have on file. We will your card for the month’s services on the 5th at the beginning of each month.
- We offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. This means that if you are not satisfied with your cleaning, notify us within 24 hours of your cleaning visit and we will return to fix the problem. If you are still not happy for any reason, you don't pay!
- All teams work under a supervisor, except in the case when an individual cleaning tech is assigned to your home. We perform periodic quality checks either during or after cleanings. In order to ensure outstanding service, we also email you a quick, one-click survey after each cleaning to rate our service and your cleaning professional. Please be sure to respond to the surveys, which are used for promotions and incentives.
ADD-ONS AND TRADES:
- Anything outside of our agreed upon scope of work, including the cleaning of rooms not originally included in the bid, are considered add-ons and additional fees apply. Trades are at the discretion of the office. Our cleaning technicians are not authorized to deviate from the work order without prior approval from management. All add-ons and trades must be processed through the office, and not through our cleaning technicians.
- We ask that you provide a clutter-free environment, which allows us to reach all areas to be cleaned. We greatly appreciate it when things like dishes, clothes, toys, leftover food, etc. are put away before we arrive. Since we are on a schedule, we will be working as quickly and efficiently as possible. Clutter increases the time it takes to clean your house at the rate we quoted and reduces our ability to fully complete your cleaning, both in time and quality.
- Please limit the number of people in your home when we arrive. Our cleaning technicians are trained to work in an efficient manner. While we encourage our cleaning techs to converse with our clients, we also require them to complete their work in a timely manner. We ask that you do not disrupt their workflow by making special requests (see Add-Ons and Trades) during your scheduled cleaning.
- We understand clients with pets tend to think of them more as members of the family. At Meticulous Man Services, we want to make sure we do all we can to minimize the stress that may occur when strangers enter their space. We are more than happy to meet and be acquainted, please be sure to let us know their name(s) on so we can add it to your client information, along with how to identify each if there are more than one.
While we love pets, we do ask for any pets that are aggressive, skittish or like to be underfoot to be placed in an area we will not be cleaning for their safety and ours. Please let us know if you would like us to let them out or back in (except in the case of an aggressive animal) and we will be happy to do so.
HEALTH & SAFETY MATTERS:
- Due to health risks we cannot clean up after blood, vomit, feces (human and animal), or clean out litter boxes. We will also not clean while pest control spray is fresh. We require a safe working environment, including people, property, and pets. Just as you expect our cleaning techs to ensure your safety as they are working, we must be able to make sure they will be safe as well. We instruct our staff to only use a 2-step ladder for climbing and to lift no more than 25 pounds of weight without assistance.
Please ensure that your house is well ventilated and/or air-conditioned. We require the temperature be kept at 70-72°F for us to clean your home. Please note that as our cleaning techs work, their body temp increases. When a home is too hot it puts them at risk of suffering from heatstroke as well as becoming less efficient and increases the danger of breakage.
- We provide all appropriate cleaning supplies and equipment. OSHA regulations require we have Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for all chemicals we use and to be trained in their proper use, as well as being properly trained on any equipment. Due to this, we cannot use your cleaning supplies or equipment.<
- Due to potential safety issues, we cannot allow cleaning around interior construction projects. There is a danger of accidents and we do not want to interfere with another professional's work in progress.
- All trash cans in the house will be emptied and will be lined with a new trash bag as required. Our cleaning technicians will NOT dispose of any items not already in a trash can or marked as trash. We never know what might be important to you. This includes soda cans, empty bottles, leftover food, etc.
- We train all our cleaning techs in the proper and safe handling of items within your home. Unfortunately, accidents can still occur occasionally. If this happens you will be notified, along with a list of which item(s) were broken. All breakage and/or damage is required to be reported to the office immediately when it occurs. Reimbursement will be made up to $250 with a copy of your replacement receipt or a quote for a replacement with a similar item. Items which cannot be replaced due to sentimental or antique value should be reported to the office BEFORE service begins. We reserve the right not to touch an item. Reimbursement for items over $250 will be handled by our insurance company.
- Any suspected damage by our cleaning technicians must be reported to the office within 24 hours after your appointment. An inspection will be scheduled in a timely manner. Repair or replacement will be arranged upon determination of responsibility.
TERMINATION OF SERVICES:
- Services may be terminated at any time by either party for any reason. We ask that you would kindly give us at least a week notice when terminating service.
- Tipping is neither required nor expected, however, it is always appreciated. Please do not feel obligated to tip your cleaning techs. If you are happy with the service provided by your cleaning technician(s) and feel they have earned the additional vote of satisfaction, it is quite acceptable to them leave a tip.
- We spend a lot of time and money to hire and train our cleaning technicians, so it is important that our clients do not try to solicit them away from us. All of our cleaning technicians have signed a Non-Compete Agreement and are prohibited from soliciting business from any client on his/her own behalf or on behalf of any third party during their employment with Meticulous Man Services or for one (1) year following termination of employment, without written approval from Meticulous Man Services.
You agree not to hire past or present cleaning technicians of Meticulous Man Services for a period of no less than one (1) year from the date the cleaning technician last worked for Meticulous Man Services. In the event you feel you must hire one of our cleaning technicians in spite of this agreement, then a $2,500.00 placement fee is due immediately upon employment of the past/present cleaning technicians, regardless of whether the employment is regular or on a contract basis.
- Precaution is always the best protection. That being said, please DO NOT leave out any money or valuables which could be lost or taken. When we find valuables left out we will clean around them and also record them on the Checklist which we leave behind. We do not bring purses or personal items into your house. You are protected from theft by a Janitorial Bond. If a theft is suspected, our bond requires that you file a police report with your local authority.
- In severe weather, we may determine it is not safe to travel and/or carry equipment and supplies to your home and cancel that day’s service. When this occurs, we will work to reschedule your cleaning for the next available opening. Please assist us with your understanding if rescheduling is necessary.
- We are closed and do not provide service on the following holidays: New Year's Eve, New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day. We will contact you approximately one month ahead of time to arrange an alternate day for that week if your scheduled cleaning falls on a holiday.