These terms of service are designed to help our customers understand the service they are purchasing. These terms clarify and describe our guarantee, exclusions, cancellations, and potential problems we strive to avoid if at all possible. With your help, these issues can be averted to ensure a successful service to you in your home. These Terms of Service define the responsibilities and liabilities of Meticulous Man Services and our customers.
By scheduling any services with Meticulous Man Services, you are agreeing to and accept the following terms and conditions:
GENERAL LIMITS, CONDITIONS, AND LIABILITY
At Meticulous Man Services, we are dedicated to providing our clients with the highest level of service possible. In order to do this effectively, we have created company-wide policies to benefit our team members and clients. We ask that each client read this thoroughly prior to their first appointment so that any questions may be addressed. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if you still have questions, or concerns, or would like more clarification.
NO CONTRACTS OR LONG-TERM COMMITMENTS
Have you ever experienced less than stellar service only to find out you're stuck in a contract? We have and it's no fun. If you're not satisfied with our service, why should you be forced to endure having us continue to come into your home? At Meticulous Man Services, we believe our quality is our contract. If we fail to provide you with a great service and experience you are free to cancel at any time. Please refer to the 'Termination of Cleaning(s)/ Pause Of Cleanings' section.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We'd love to say we're perfect and you'll never have any issues. However, we're human and still make mistakes from time to time. With that said, if for any reason you're not happy with your service simply call our office within 24 hours after your cleaning, or the next business day, and we'll arrange a time to come back and correct the problem ASAP on our own dime. We do not offer any refunds for services.
INSURANCE, GENERAL LIABILITY, BONDING & TAX REPORTING
You can rest assured that we hold the protection of your home and possessions to the utmost concern. That's why we carry a $600,000 liability insurance policy and we're bonded in order to provide you with the peace of mind of knowing that you'll be taken care of if anything should happen. In addition, we hereby attest to our customers that Meticulous Man Services collects and reports all employer‐required taxes for the cleaning technician's services to local, state, and federal agencies, thus protecting you from IRS tax liability with respect to income the cleaning technicians receive.
Additionally, we carry worker's compensation insurance to protect our cleaning technicians in case of injury. This means you don't have to worry should any damage occur during cleanings, nor have the unfortunate experience of being responsible for any medical bills should a cleaner become injured while cleaning your home.
SECURITY & SECURITY ALARMS
Meticulous Man Services believes that security is an important issue, especially while our cleaning techs are in your home. Our cleaning techs are required to lock all entry doors while they're in your home and not allow access to unknown persons. So please don’t rely on our cleaning techs to let in workmen during the time we are in your home.
We respect your home, and your safety and do our best to disarm and rearm your security system according to the directions provided, and the code provided. We do our very best to be diligent and careful, however, we are not responsible for any charges from a local police department or security monitoring company or any other associated charges related to an activated alarm while we are entering, cleaning, or leaving your home. Additionally, you agree to hold harmless and/or release Meticulous Man Services from any and all liability relating to any failure of the alarm or not arming the alarm properly.
CONDITION CONTAINS BIO-HAZARDS
If we arrive at your home to clean and any area of the house contains bio-hazards, we cannot clean those areas (we will clean the areas we can), but you will still be charged the total cost of the cleaning. If there are feces in any part of the house, the entire home will not be cleaned and you will be responsible for the total cost of the cleaning.
CLUTTER & CLEANING‐DAY HOME PREPARATION
Your price for cleaning is based on the cleaning technicians focusing all of their time and energy on cleaning, not routine housekeeping. We ask that you provide a clutter-free environment, which allows us to reach all areas to be cleaned. We greatly appreciate it when dishes, clothes, toys, leftover food, etc. are put away before we arrive. Since we are on a schedule, we will work as quickly and efficiently as possible. Clutter increases the time it takes to clean your house at the rate we quoted and reduces our ability to fully complete your cleaning, both in time and quality. We ask that you take a few minutes the night before a scheduled service to “pick up.” This will allow the cleaning technicians easy access to the areas/surfaces to be cleaned: floors, countertops, table tops, etc., and remove dirty dishes from kitchen sinks.
Please limit the number of people in your home when we arrive. Our cleaning technicians are trained to work efficiently. While we encourage our cleaning techs to converse with our clients, we also require them to complete their work promptly. We ask that you do not disrupt their workflow by making special requests (see Add-Ons and Trades) during your scheduled cleaning.
UNIMPEDED ACCESS TO AREAS OF HOME
Our technicians need free access to all areas of the house for our cleanings: we work in a certain order for efficiency, therefore, directing us to clean certain areas and then move to other areas, up one floor and down to the next adds time not calculated into your cleaning rate.
When scheduling your cleaning, you’ll provide a Cleanliness Level. It is important your scale be accurate as it affects your rate per visit. If you enter the incorrect Cleanliness Level and we find the Cleanliness Level to be worse than expected, we will revise your quote based on the actual condition of the house. Please bear in mind that if you are at a higher Cleanliness Level than listed on your quote, we may not have time available that day to complete your cleaning. If this happens, we will either revise your quote based on the correct Cleanliness Level and the areas we were able to get done OR we will reschedule a date to return and complete the areas not done. If we reschedule a date to return, it will be for the entire job as originally scheduled — we do not come back just to finish a reduced scope of work. It is at Meticulous Man Services' discretion which option will be offered. If we revised the quote with a reduced scope of work, you will be charged for that revised quote.
HEALTH & SAFETY MATTERS
Due to health risks, we cannot clean up after blood, vomit, and feces (human and animal) or clean out litter boxes. We will also not clean while the pest control spray is fresh. We require a safe working environment, including people, property, and pets. Just as you expect our cleaning techs to ensure your safety as they are working, we must be able to make sure they will be safe as well. We instruct our staff to use a step stool for climbing and lift no more than 25 pounds without assistance.
Please ensure that your house is well-ventilated and/or air-conditioned. During the fall/winter months, we request your home be kept at 60-72°F and no higher than 72°F during the Spring/Summer months for us to clean your home so our cleaning technicians can work in a safe environment without overheating. Please note that as our cleaning technicians work, their body temperature naturally increases. When a home is hot it puts them at risk of suffering from heatstroke as well as becoming less efficient and increasing the danger of breakage. For safety reasons, if our cleaning technicians arrive at a home that is warm and the air conditioning is turned off or not reduced to safe levels, our cleaning technicians are instructed to adjust the thermostat while they are in your home. They will return the temperature to the previous setting before they leave. We still ask that you let the air conditioning run on the day of your service because it can take several hours to cool a home to safe levels.
HARD WATER & MILDEW STAINS
Please note that hard water and mildew stains are hard to remove without repeated cleaning. We understand that very high VOCs can be harmful to the lungs therefore we will not use bleach. Instead, we use an effective mildew cleaner this not harmful to you or your pets. If your home contains black mold we CAN NOT provide service. It is recommended that you have a mold remediation company that is trained and certified in the removal and treatment of mold for your safety.
DAYS WE CLEAN
Our days and times of operation are Monday – Friday, from 9AM – 5PM.
We are closed on the following holidays:
- New Year's Eve & New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
In the event that your regularly scheduled cleaning falls on a holiday, we will work with you to reschedule for the next available opening.
WE'LL CLEAN ANYTHING FOR YOU, BUT WE WON'T CLEAN THAT...
- Sing like Meatloaf 😉
- Cleaning or dusting of any musical instruments
- Cleaning stereo equipment
- High-to-reach places that are beyond our reach
- Interior fireplace cleaning, ash removal, fireplace screen cleaning
- Wall washing or scrubbing (however, we do spot clean them... unless the spot is the whole wall.)
- Wet wiping of bulbs and fragile glass fixtures
- Cleaning or washing of chandeliers, glass ceiling fixtures, or pendant lights
- Cleaning of mini blinds, aluminum blinds, or fabric blinds
- Bio-hazards, such as: mold, blood, bodily fluids, etc.
- We do clean mold in bathrooms unless the mold is on a porous surface such as a cabinet, baseboard, window frame, or other porous surface.
- Paint splatter
- Homes with high levels of trash or hoarding
- Cleaning pets, children, pets you claim as children, or children you claim as pets 🤣
- Chaning diapers, cleaning up after diapers, or anything involving diapers not in the trash
- Animal feces, urine, vomit, fur balls, ect.
- Cleaning litter boxes, litter on floor (we can sweep and mop the area if you leave us a broom and mop we can use, however, we can’t use our supplies). We do not move cat litter boxes, so please make sure you move the box for us ahead of the cleaning.
- Cleaning up of insects or rodents
- Organizing, packing, or decluttering
- Moving heavy furniture or large appliances
- Utility rooms with concrete floors or other unfinished areas in the home.
- Cleaning of garages, carports, or any area outside of the home
- Carpet cleaning, shampooing, stain removel
- Any area of floor, cabinets, or furniture that have paint, paint drips, candle wax, or other stuck-on matter that could potentially cause damage
- Washing of dishes or laundry
- Exterior window cleaning
FIRST TIME CLEAN PACKAGE
A First Time Clean package is optional, however, it is highly recommended if your home has not been professionally cleaned in more than 3 months. If you choose not to go with the First Time Clean package it may take multiple visits before we can get your home up to our standards which means we may not get to some tasks/areas on your first few visits.
Blinds MUST BE wide, wood, or faux wood for hand cleaning. Any excessive buildup may require a professional blind cleaning service. Cleaning aluminum and/or plastic blinds requires a professional blind cleaning service. (Only available with our Meticulous Man service package)
If your service package includes bed change(s), linens must be left out on the bed to be changed, otherwise our cleaning techs are trained to simply make the bed as is. We DO NOT make bunk beds, trundle beds, or any that require climbing up or on to complete. (This is an Add-on Service)
Regarding recurring/maintenance cleaning service packages, Additional Tasks are done on an as-needed and/or spot-cleaning basis, meaning we do not expect them all to need to be fully done each visit. Our recurring services are meant as a maintenance cleaning service. This means the majority of filth, grime, and dirt have been removed prior to us starting and we are coming in to just keep things up. In the event that your home has been "let go" and/or no major cleaning or services have been used in 3+ months, we encourage you to start with our First Time Clean package to get your home ready for maintenance service.
INSIDE FRIDGE & OVEN CLEANINGS
Inside Refrigerator Cleaning: Any items to be disposed of must be done prior to cleaning. Does not include the freezer section, except on move-in/out cleaning services.
Inside Oven Cleaning: Please run the self-cleaning cycle (if applicable) 24-hrs prior to your scheduled visit to ensure proper cleaning.
Due to the risk of damage, we do not pull out either refrigerators or ovens to clean behind.
Our cleaning technicians take pride in dusting your home. Our tools and techniques allow us to remove most of your home’s dust in a reasonable amount of time and effort.
- Settling Dust: During the dusting process, some dust becomes airborne and will not settle until we have left. This is more common in first time cleanings, and it may take several visits before settling dust becomes minimized.
- Dusting Knick‐Knacks, Collectables, Stand‐up Picture Frames, and other small items: We dust small items based on the size and the number of items on a shelf or flat surface like a mantel. If there are 6 or fewer small items on a shelf we will hand dust them and the surface below and return the item to the shelf. If there are more than 6 items per shelf we may dust the items where they sit and the surface around them.
- Dusting height limits: We are not able to dust items on shelves or hung on a wall that are higher than a cleaning technician can reach standing on a step stool. We do use extension poles to high dust rooms but we will not high dust items that may tip over or hung on the wall because we are not able to hold it with one hand in order to secure it while we dust.
CLEANING SUPPLIES & EQUIPMENT
We provide all our cleaning technicians with theappropriate cleaning supplies and equipment needed to thoroughly clean your home. OSHA regulations require we have Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for all chemicals our cleaning technicians use and that they be trained in their proper use, as well as being properly trained on any equipment. Due to this, we cannot use your cleaning supplies or equipment. We also are not able to clean in homes that have any fumes from paint, varnish, sealants, solvents, etc. from recent work to your home. Similarly, we cannot vacuum up any scented powder or baking soda or any powdered substances with our vacuum.
DAMAGE OR BREAKAGE
If we determine that there is an elevated likelihood that by moving an item it may be broken, we may opt out not to do so and will leave a note to let you know. High-value items (including sentimental value) MUST be disclosed prior to your visit.
We train all our cleaning technicians in the proper and safe handling of items within your home and to exercise reasonable care when cleaning your home. Unfortunately, accidents can still occur occasionally. If this happens you will be notified, along with a list of which item(s) were broken. All breakage and/or damage is required to be reported to the office immediately when it occurs. Items that cannot be replaced due to sentimental or antique value should be reported to the office BEFORE service begins. We reserve the right not to touch an item.
Any suspected damage by our cleaning technicians must be reported to the office within 24 hours after your appointment. An inspection will be scheduled in a timely manner. Repair or replacement will be arranged upon determination of responsibility. We do carry insurance for damage or breakage caused by our cleaning technicians. We are not liable for any damage that is caused by “normal wear and tear", improper installation of an item in your home. Any request for reimbursement for damages or breakage will be handled by our insurance compnay.
These items include but are not limited to the following examples:
- Carpet & Rug Snags: Carpet snags are the result of “exposed loops” caused by normal wear and tear, moving furniture, etc. which are snagged by a vacuum’s roller‐brush. We can turn off the roller-brush on our vacuums as well as having it automatically turn off when in the upright position to help lower the risk of damage to any carpets or rugs
- Insufficient Support / Not Recommended Placement: We are not responsible for items such as televisions, mirrors, photos, pictures, decorations, art objects, etc., that are not properly placed on stable objects or affixed properly and per manufacturer’s recommendations. Thumb tacks, short nails, nails hanging frames with tiny nail heads, or unanchored nails for heavy paintings or mirrors or other objects are not stable. Of particular note are hanging picture frames with nails with tiny heads — the frames will easily fall if not properly or securely affixed during cleaning / dusting, and, accordingly, we are not responsible for any damage to the frame, the contents within the frame, or any damage that results to other areas from the object falling. Manufacturers of hanging frames recommend affixing with a wire and picture hanging hardware. If we discover any objects that are improperly, unsecurely, or dangerously affixed, we will not be able to clean or dust the, and we thank you for understanding. We are not, however, obligated to inspect every item to ensure it is properly affixed — we ask you, our customer, to do that before we begin cleaning and alert us of any issues. Additionally, we are not responsible for televisions not placed on proper TV stands, items leaning against walls (such as mirrors, photos, pictures), etc., that are not properly affixed to walls or area(s).
- Cleaning Refrigerators: Customers should be aware that there are some inherent risks each time your refrigerator drawers and shelving are cleaned. If there has been gunk / old food / sticky substances, when you scrub that clean, the plastic, which is a brittle substance, may crack as you are “weakening” the structure now to scrubbing the matter off. The matter — especially sticky substances — adhere to the plastic, so cracking can occur. We are not responsible for any cracking / splitting, etc. for your refrigerator that is a result of this.
- Broken Blinds: Customers should be aware that there are some inherent risks each time your blinds are cleaned and/or dusted. Blinds will become brittle from daily exposure to the sun, and strings/chords will weaken over time resulting in breaks.
- Improperly hung pictures/decorations/mirrors/fixtures: If these items are securely/properly attached to the wall, they should not fall when the item is dusted/wiped.
- Artwork, Collectibles, Family Heirlooms and valuables over $75: These items are expensive or impossible to replace and so we will not take the risk of cleaning such items. It is the customer’s responsibility to inform Meticulous Man Services of any such items existing or brought into the home after our initial setup, that fall into this category. Additionally, if there is artwork which is especially fragile or unusual, please notify us BEFORE the cleaning so we can exercise appropriate care. If you are concerned about a particular piece as it is not replaceable, we would ask that you put that piece away for the duration of the cleaning.
- Holiday Ornaments, Holiday Decorations, Christmas Stockings, etc.: Items that are placed out for holidays and not permanently affixed are notoriously difficult to clean around and can easily fall if they are attached by a thumbtack tape, or other glue adhesive fixture, or other temporary affixing measure. For this reason, we recommend putting the items away to make it safer for us to clean the day of the cleaning. Meticulous Man Services is not responsible for any ornament breakage, decoration breakage, etc., unless it is there year-round and we know about it ahead of time. Anything that is hanging (such as lights by a fireplace, around a window, a doorway), we are not responsible for.
- Plumbing Fixtures: If you have faulty plumbing, fixtures, plumbing or fixtures that are not functioning properly (such as a drip, leaky toilet, overflowing toilet, etc.), or any and all other plumbing and/or fixture issues, we must be notified ahead of time. We will not be held liable for any damage to plumbing or plumbing fixtures with currently known issues. Additionally, if you have a dripping faucet of fixture, notify your technician and / or office before we clean the area.
- Wine, Champagne, and Other Glassware; Dishes & Crystal Bowls: On the day of your cleaning, we do request that counter tops be free of all dishes, glassware, etc. We are not responsible for breakage of any items as we attempt to remove them from counters to clean. Please note fragile stemware should always be put safely away to avoid any accidents.
- Glass Objects in Shower: We request that you remove any glass objects from shower / bathtub before we clean. Glass objects are unsafe to use in these areas and posit a risk to our cleaning technicians and also to your objects. We will not be responsible for any glass breakage in the shower / bathtub (or ledges surrounding the bathing area). If you continue to have glass objects despite our request not to have them in there, we may terminate your service if we feel it is too risky for breakage and injury to our employees.
- Glass Objects in Home: We request that you remove any objects that could present a danger to our technicians if they were to break. If you do have glass furniture, or large art objects, we ask that you alert us to them ahead of time so that we can put a special warning in your work order for the technicians. We will not be responsible for any damage to glass objects over $300. If you continue to have glass objects despite our request not to have them in there or you have not given us notice in writing about their location, we may terminate your service if we feel it is too risky for breakage and injury to our employees.
- Use of Homeowner’s Vacuum: If you request our cleaning technicians to use your vacuum, we will not assume or accept any liability for damage to the unit. (Since we are not responsible for maintenance or training with the unit, we will not be responsible for any repairs to it).
- Window Track Cleaning: We do not offer window track cleaning. In order to clean window tracks efficiently, there must be a good amount of pressure from water, etc. (such as a pressure washer). Most professional exterior window washing services do this at no additional charge during your exterior window cleaning service.
REGARDING PAYMENTS AND BILLING
A credit or debit card is required for all services.
- Recurring Services: All service rates are based on the information you’ve provided and are subject to change for special considerations or special needs which can vary job by job. We will contact you prior to doing any work that requires an increased service charge. Each service package rate is per visit and billed monthly, excluding the First Time Clean package. Payments are processed between the 1st and the 5th of each month for all scheduled cleaning visits for the month.
- One-Time & Move-In/Out Cleanings: Payment in full is required at the time of scheduling/booking. Cancellation fees are as follows: 20% if canceled more than 48 hrs prior to the scheduled date, 50% if canceled within 48 hrs prior to the scheduled date, and 75% if canceled the day of the scheduled visit.
SCHEDULED “ARRIVAL WINDOW” FOR CLEANINGS
Our teams clean from 9AM to 5PM — please note occasionally we may need to stay past 5PM to complete your cleaning. While we can’t guarantee an exact arrival time due to the nature of the cleaning business and changing schedules. While we will always do our best to accommodate requests, no arrival time is implied or guaranteed. We do guarantee your day of service and will not change your service date without your prior approval. If we must wait to gain access to the home or wait until we can begin cleaning for more than 20 minutes your cleaning will be forfeited and no reschedule or credit will be made. You will receive an email reminder with your estimate arrival window, a description of your scheduled cleaning, and a photo of your cleaning tech(s), as well as a text reminder the day before your cleaning.
SCHEDULED “DEPARTURE TIME” FOR CLEANINGS
If you cannot be present for your cleaning, we will happily provide you with a lockbox for $25 (yours to keep if you cancel services) to use so that you can securely leave us a key and we can securely lock up. Please be aware we are not able to notify you via phone call, text, or email before we are going to be finished or when we are already done. If you choose to have us leave your door open, we will not be held liable for any damage or burglary to the home. Similarly, if you leave the door unlocked, we are not responsible for any burglary to the home.
TERMINATION OF CLEANING(S); PAUSE OF SERVICE
If you would like to cease receiving service temporarily, long-term, or permanently, or reduce the frequency of your cleaning cadence, we require 2 weeks’ notice in writing. If you cancel more than 2 weeks out, you will be refunded/credited any unused cleanings you've paid for up to that point. Less than this is considered a late cancellation and you will not be refunded/credited any unused cleanings paid for up to that point. We hold that slot for you, and we do not accept other recurring customers in that slot. Customer expressly agrees and authorizes Meticulous Man Services to charge the credit card on file, if applicable, for any associated fees.
CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE A CLEANING
We understand your life is busy, and plans can change. If a scheduling change is needed, simply call our office at (208) 615-4781 at least 2 business-days prior to your scheduled cleaning date to avoid forfeiting your cleaning fee. Canceling your scheduled cleaning on the day of your visit will result in your cleaning fee being forfeited. If you skip your regularly scheduled “bi-weekly” cleaning, your next cleaning will be charged at a “monthly rate”. If you skip your “monthly” cleaning, and more than eight weeks have passed, your next cleaning will be charged at the First Time Cleaning price. It is important that you keep to your regularly scheduled cleaning to ensure your cleaning tech(s) have enough time in your home to a great job.
You are responsible for providing cleaning technicians access/entry to your home. If our cleaning technicians cannot enter your home for any reason, you will not receive a credit, refund, or rescheduled service. Your scheduled visits are considered to be a reservation for your service. We work hard to not over-book our schedule because we believe every customer deserves reliable, high-quality service. As a result, we require 2 business days’ notice to cancel and/or reschedule a cleaning visit and avoid any "Lock-Out" fees. Meticulous Man Services can provide you, for a small fee of $25, a lockbox for you to keep and you can leave your key for the cleaning technicians to gain access to your home. We do not store keys at our office.
POWER AND/OR WATER OUTAGES
We do not clean any homes where the power and/or water have been turned off or are not in working order. To provide a professional cleaning service, we require that the power and water be active at the time of service. In the event, we arrive and find there is no power and/or water your cleaning will be canceled without refund or rescheduling.
UNABLE TO COMPLETE CLEANING DUE TO CONDITION OF HOME
You are responsible for providing Meticulous Man Services' cleaning technicians access/entry to your home. If our cleaning technicians cannot enter your home, you will forfeit the cost of your cleaning. Please inform our office of any situations that will prevent us from cleaning your home: this includes, but is not limited to pests (such as roaches, fleas, rats, mice, lice, bed bugs, etc.), hazardous conditions (needles, illegal drugs or items, rat droppings, feces, urine, etc.) or hoarding situations that the company was not made aware of ahead of time. In situations such as those, the office will notify the customer of the situation and the cost of your cleaning will be forfeited. It is our policy to provide you with visual evidence of the unacceptable condition.
ENTRY & SECURITY:
We require you to provide us with either a key or a garage/door code. We also believe that security is an important issue, especially while our cleaners are in your home. It is our policy to lock all entry doors while we are cleaning and to not allow access to unknown persons. For safety reasons, please don’t rely on our cleaning professionals to let in workmen when we are in your home.
We spend a lot of time and money to hire and train our cleaning technicians, so our clients mustn't try to solicit them away from us. All of our cleaning technicians have signed a Non-Compete Agreement and are prohibited from soliciting business from any client on his/her behalf or behalf of any third party during their employment with Meticulous Man Services or for one (1) year following the termination of employment, without written approval from Meticulous Man Services.
You agree not to hire past or present cleaning technicians of Meticulous Man Services for no less than one (1) year from the date the cleaning technician last worked for Meticulous Man Services. In the event you feel you must hire one of our cleaning technicians despite this agreement, then a $2,500.00 placement fee is due immediately upon employment of the past/present cleaning technicians, regardless of whether the employment is regular or on a contract basis.
Due to potential safety issues, we cannot allow cleaning around interior construction projects. There is a danger of accidents and we do not want to interfere with another professional's work in progress.
All trash cans in the house will be emptied and lined with a new trash bag, as required. Our cleaning technicians will NOT dispose of any items not already in a trash can or marked as trash. We never know what might be important to you. This includes soda cans, empty bottles, leftover food, etc.
Tipping is neither required nor expected, however, it is always appreciated. Please do not feel obligated to tip your cleaning techs. If you are happy with the service provided by your cleaning technician(s) and feel they have earned the additional vote of satisfaction, it is quite acceptable to leave a tip. As a convenience, you will receive a text after each visit that will give you the option of tipping your cleaning tech(s). 100% of your tip goes directly to your cleaning tech(s) for that visit. If you'd prefer not to receive these texts, please let our office know and we can remove you from the list.
Meticulous Man Services conducts background checks on all our cleaning technicians. However, there is always the potential for a "bad apple" to slip through. Precaution is always the best protection. That being said, please DO NOT leave out any money or valuables which could be lost or taken. When we find valuables left out we will clean around them and leave you a note about what we found and where. Should you ever suspect that one of our cleaners committed theft you must file a police report with your local authorities before we can do anything to assist you. Never confront someone you suspect of theft and instead let the authorities deal with it.
In severe weather, we may determine it is not safe to travel and/or carry equipment and supplies to your home and cancel that day’s service. When this occurs, we will work to reschedule your cleaning for the next available opening. Please assist us with your understanding if rescheduling is necessary.
We understand clients with pets tend to think of them more as members of the family. At Meticulous Man Services, we want to make sure we do all we can to minimize the stress that may occur when strangers enter their space. We are more than happy to meet and be acquainted, please be sure to let us know their name(s) so we can add it to your client information, along with how to identify each if there is more than one.
While we love pets, we do ask for any aggressive, skittish, or those that like to be underfoot to be placed in an area we will not be cleaning for their safety and ours. Please let us know if you would like us to let them out or back in (except in the case of an aggressive animal) and we will be happy to do so.
PET WASTE & MESSES
Our cleaning technicians cannot touch or pick up pet feces, including emptying or moving litter boxes. If, for whatever reason, pet feces or urine is sucked up by our vacuum, the cost of repair, cleaning, and/or replacement will be charged to the customer, and any time used to try to clean or investigate any potential damage at your home is counted as cleaning time. If your pet is sick, ill, etc., and having accidents, please let us know so that we have a heads-up. Urine stains on hardwood floors will be mopped by our cleaning technicians (not fresh urine, however) but please understand that if urine has soaked into the wood, the discoloration (stain) may not come out… a flooring specialist should be contacted. Please also note that because of both potential biohazard and also toxoplasmosis, our technicians cannot move or touch any cat litter boxes. Thank you for your understanding.
PETS “ESCAPING” FROM THE HOME
We cannot be responsible for pets that “escape” when our cleaning technicians are entering/exiting your home. If your pet will be “roaming free” during the cleaning, please let us know in advance, so the cleaning technicians can be on alert when they open doors. Our cleaning technicians are trained to close doors as soon as they enter and exit your home and will not leave doors open for long periods.
PET SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND INSTRUCTIONS
We work around pets every day and we love them! However, if you have special concerns that fall outside the duties of cleaning (i.e., if you have allergies to your pet and your pet cannot be in your bedroom, your cat cannot have any plastic around him or he will eat it, or your dog gets excited and urinates when greeting a visitor), we will not be held responsible for any damages or liability that result from your pets’ actions. If your pet has ANY special requirements, we recommend boarding them for the day of the cleaning.
CHARGE FOR PETS
There is a nominal fee added to your rate for any dogs or cats to allow for the time needed to clean additional things such as any hair, paw prints, etc. Please let us know if your pet situation changes so we can adjust your cleaning rate.
QUALITY CONTROL AND INSPECTIONS
AUDITS AND INSPECTIONS
Meticulous Man Services randomly inspects and audits our cleaning teams. The inspector may inspect your home after your cleaning is completed and when the cleaning technicians have left or during the final phase of cleaning or the entire cleaning.
WE NEED YOUR FEEDBACK
After each visit, you will receive a quick, one-click Quality Survey that lets you rate your service on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being you’re very pleased. It also allows you to provide any feedback, that our cleaning technicians appreciate good or not-so-good. Getting your feedback is a vitally important ingredient to a successful house cleaning service relationship. Your feedback helps us monitor the performance of your cleaning technicians and deliver the highest quality cleaning experience in the industry.
PICTURES OF BEFORE AND AFTER WORK
Our cleaners are instructed to take any before and after pictures of their work without including any easily identifiable items such as people’s faces, names, addresses, etc. We’ll also take any before and after photos of our cleaning technicians’ work during our quality audits and inspections. These pictures are used for training, proof of our work performance, and promotion of our high-quality standards. If you do not want pictures taken of work areas in your home please notify our office.
Meticulous Man Services believes your privacy is very important and as such, we are committed to protecting it to the best of our ability. We will never sell, exchange or otherwise distribute your personally identifiable information to outside parties, except where required by law.